Friday, July 27, 2012

Foodie Friday: Whole Wheat Pancakes

I make a variety of whole wheat pancakes for my boys.  They love them, I love them so it is a win-win.  I have tried a variety of different recipes because I am pretty picky about some of the ingredients.  Two weeks ago, I think I finally found my favorite recipe. 

RECIPE
  • 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 1/4 cup whole milk
  • 3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons of honey
  • 3 teaspoons melted butter
  • 1 cup fresh chopped fresh strawberries, raspberry, or blueberries whatever you want
Combine whole wheat pastry flour and baking powder in a bowl.  Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.  I usually put my wet ingredients in my mixing bowl then slowly add in the dry.  Once everything is mixed together, add the berries.  The first time I added raspberries, which were good but the second time I added blueberries... delicious!

I let my batter sit for about 15 minutes, which helps to relax the gluten.  I usually scoop about 1/4 cup of batter on to my griddle (usually set between 300-350 degrees) and flip the pancake once the edges have set and you start to see bubble in the batter. 

If you give the recipe a try, let me know what you think!


~Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment