Friday, May 25, 2012

Foodie Friday Meal Plan 5/28-6/3

Normally, we enjoy at least three nights of meatless meals, but this week you will notice that there are only two meatless dinners and one seafood. I felt like we needed some fish fats and got a little carried away when planning my meat lover meals, so alas...this is what resulted. The salmon dish was still light and healthy, so I'm happy with the plan overall. How often do you eat meat, fish, and vegetarian meals? 

A personal note - if ever you see things like sugar, margarine, white flour, "lowfat," or "nonfat" in any of the recipes I link, please be assured that I only use the REAL FOOD equivalents, meaning non-processed, unrefined, whole wheat, and full fat.  

As usual, the recipes can be found here.



DAY ONE:
Turkey Pesto Meatloaf (my husband, who typically doesn't like pesto, loved every bit of this meal)
Green and Clean Pesto Lentil Patties
Fennel Gratin



DAY TWO:
Vegetarian Gumbo in the Crock Pot (who doesn't love a set-it-and-forget-it meal?)
Steamed Brown Rice
Savory Southern Collard Greens with Turnips
 

DAY THREE:

BBQ Baked Beans with Sausage (I used a delicious rabbit, pork, and ginger sausage made by D'Artagnan that I picked up during the Go France Week at HEB Central Market)
Zucchini Squash and Broccoli Bake
Homemade Whole Wheat Bread with Garlic and Parmesan 


DAY FOUR:

Seared Salmon with Smoky Kale and White Beans (Can you tell I've recently discovered how to do effects on my smart phone camera? They make my food look extra purdy)
Artichokes with Spaghetti

DAY FIVE:

Whole Chicken in a Crock Pot (I made the chicken the day before and just shredded up some of the meat for this meal...make sure to save the bones for future stock!)
Brussel Sprouts with Sherry Asiago Cream Sauce
Portabello Mushroom Cap Stuffed with Spinach and Goat Cheese

 


DAY SIX:

Squash, Chickpea, and Red Lentil Stew (again, who doesn't love a good crock pot meal??)
Crispy Brussels Sprouts



DAY SEVEN:

Pork Steaks with Roasted Squash Salsa
Cheesy Butternut Squash and Cauliflower Casserole (the recipe linked is vegan, but I have a fear - some say irrational - of vegan cheese, so I used the real stuff...a combo of cheddar and parm with heavy cream)
Potato Parmesan Bites
Endive Salad




Breakfasts/Culinary Lessons

Hooray for killing two birds with one stone...


Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chip Muffins




Summer Squash and Berry Bread (squash is aplenty this time of year, so we used a combo of yellow, zucchini, and magda squashes)

 






Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment